Friday, December 28, 2007

Just some random thoughts... baby brag

It just amazes me to see how fast our little ones grow up. I know those of you who are older then us are laughing as you reading this probably saying that we have no idea. I just look back over the last 17months and am amazed at how fast Halia has grown, and on top of that, despite all the fear we may have had along the way, is incredibly smart and healthy despite all the odds. Yes we face all the things any parents of an almost 2yr old face, tantrums, leaving work early for fever, or the constant snotty nose. But she is amazing. She is not walking constantly yet, but I figure in her own time she will. The dr is not at all worried about it and encouraged us that her small feet have nothing to do with it as we both have small feet too. :) Plus I think in all reality she is walking far more then she leads us to believe at daycare, because everytime I go to pick her up without knowing I am there, she walks to the girls. How frustrating. I guess she just knows that we will baby her and carry her if she crawls so helplessly to our feet and lifts her arms and uhs at us. How can we resist snuggles? She is responding much more regularly to our questions by shaking her head yes or no. When we came home from Papa and Bana's on monday, we had not unpacked yet. Usually Halia will go to my suitcase and pull anything she can out and play with it. This time, she decided only to grab her bib that she saw, and walked into the kitchen to her highchair and want up. I guess she thought we were not going to feed her and wanted to make sure we knew she was hungry. Then wednesday she woke up from her nap and had her passi and blanket. Normally after nap she has snack. Well this time she shook her head no. So I held her for awhile and she kept laying her head down. FInally she took the passi out of her mouth and said, there go, handed me her blanket, there go. I asked if she was ready for snack and now she shook her head yes. She is always doing little things like that now and it is so cute, but I wanted to share a few. I never knew the love you could have for someone until you have a child, and I think I have probably heard that somewhere before, but it couldn't be more true.
Just wanted to share some thoughts...

No comments: