Friday, June 15, 2007

It is Friday, and the weekend is here, and I can truly thank God for that. This week has seemed to take a toll on us. Not only has work been crazy for us both, it seems we come home to do more work, (as do most of you right). Jake had surgery Thursday morning and that went well. We dropped Halia off at daycare and got to the outpatient clinic at about 6:30. He went into surgery at about 8:40 and I got to see him at about 10:20 once he had recovered. They fixed his Flica in his knee and also scraped out some arthritis. The Dr said that it might be something that will bother him off and on as he does anything from here on. He is eager to get back to softball. His crazy nurse got him even more excited by telling him he could probably be playing in a month or month and a half!! Ahhh some people. Anyways, we got him home and settled in the chair and I headed to work, when about two hours later, Halia's daycare called and said she had a fever of 102.8! I went into instant mommy panic. I went and picked her up and called the Dr, who told me to just monitor it throughout the night and call back in the morning to be seen. Well I call this morning to let them know she still had slight fever 99.5 and I thought it might be her ears. She told me to just put drops and she should be fine! Um... No she has had probs with her ears for so long, we need to get her checked and need a note for daycare. I went to get the note and our nurse got us in with Dr. Williams, so I feel much better now. Our little angel is fine, she just has an ear infection and they gave her some medicine for reflux for her cough. I hope she starts to feel better. It seems like she has had an ear infection and cough since she came home from the hospital. Anyways, this weekend we are off to fort smith!! I am looking forward to it. Just relax, swim, and bbq with the family. Jake and I might even be able to sneak in a date night(the first real one since Halia came home) on saturday night! Hope you all have a great weekend!! God bless!

No comments: