Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The long awaited update

Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long, it just seems like the last few weeks are a blur. As for John, I left last wednesday so what I know now is what has been passed on. Before I left Portland he seemed to be doing pretty good. He had seemed to be getting really anxious, and on the monday before, they took him off the ventalator and he was breathing on his own completely, so he only had a mister that was over the trach blowing in good air. It was hard to know that I was leaving him and will not be able to be there to see and help in his progress. Before I left, I told him I was leaving and that he needed to work with all the people who were there to help him get better. He looked like he was trying to mouth something when I told him I would be leaving, and got frustrated. He can not talk even if he wanted to because he does have the trach. I got back to CO late wed night. After I left John got infection really bad and was running a temp of about 40degreesC. They took his drain out that was measuring his innercranial pressure which could have also been a major source of infection. He seemed to be lethargic since he had the infection, probably just his bodies way of trying to recover from it. They did move him to a different area called TRACU which is the step down unit for the Trauma ICU he was in, and will hopefully start with the recovery and therapy process. Our family and friends also worked to get him moved out of his house and into storage as his landlord was a pretty big jerk about it all. Other then that there hasn't been much other change that I am aware of. I talked to my mom tonight and he said he opened his eyes more tonight then he has since he got the infection. He goes for a MRI tomorrow. We are still praying and hoping for the best. John is a fighter and will all hope, by the end of this he will be as close to the John we all knew. Keep him in your prayers and thoughts. I will try to do better at updating now.

As for me, I made it home to AR. Halia did great considering all the traveling we have done in the last three weeks. We were in at least 7 different places in 15 days. We are worn out and glad to have made it home. I start back to work tomorrow.

Jake is doing good, he is doing base security at the base he is at. He said it is already really hot there and working outside he is getting a nice tan on his face and arms:)

I hope everyone is doing well. I will update again soon. I will also add pics that we did get on the trip. Halia is saying so many words now, she repeats everything we say. She is doing a lot of signs now. She is lots of fun, and growing up so fast. Now is just the task of getting her into her routine again.

I will write again soon.

No comments: