Saturday, March 1, 2008

Updates....

This crazy world...
As most of you know this week has kind of turned our worlds upside down. I had planned a trip to CO to visit friends and family because Jake was going to be deployed and I thought it would be nice to have the comfort of "home". Well last wed.(feb 20th) we recieved a call that John(my oldest brother) had had an accident and fallen down stairs and was in ICU in critical condition. He has severe head trauma and has remanined in a coma since the accident. Friday I left for CO and was there for a day, to fly to Portland on tuesday. We made it here and headed to the hosp to see him. I can't say I really knew what to expect, but you never think you will see your own family look like that. It becomes almost like it is not reality, like we are just going through the motions, but that it can not possibly be true and we will wake up to how things were. He has seemed to make some improvement over the last few days, but still remains in critical condition. He has had two surgeries, one a little more serious, that allowed for the pressure he had to have somewhere to go, and the other to help get the tubes out of his mouth by having other access. We are all praying for a miracle and that he will wake up and be on his way to recovery. But right now, it is just a waiting game, when and if he wakes up, then how he is neurologically when he does.
I want to thank everyone for the prayers and support. I am sorry I have not been able to get back to everyone as we can not use the phone in his room, and by the time we can it seems to be tedious to tell the same story over and over sometimes. Please feel free to call and I will return everyones calls as I can.
Please pray for a quick recovery, and God's grace and will be on him. Right now all any of us can do is pray.
Thank you for everyone who has helped and allowed for me to be out here, by watching the house, dogs, cats, etc. I appreciate you all more than you know.
Please also keep Jake in your prayers. He left Sunday, and make it to the middleeast yesterday. It was very hard for him to leave at this time, but unfortunately duty calls, and he is needed there. He will be gone for about 6-8 months, so I will keep you updated onthat as well.

No comments: