Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1 update

Well it is so hard to write and try to update or put into words how I am feeling. The last few days John has looked a lot better. He is not nearly as swollen, but we have been trying to let him rest more in hopes that he will come along and hopefully the more rest he gets the sooner he will wake up. We had some good news from the Coast Guard. He got his promotion and will be making chief, which is a huge step for him. They came in today and pinned on his pin for him and are doing a ceremony for him (with the family) on this coming Wednesday.

As for us, Jake made it to the desert and seems to be doing ok so far. He will be working three days on, one day off for the duration of his deployment.
As for Halia and I we are hanging in there. She has been really good under the circumstances and Emma(my bf) came to help out with Halia and be here for me. It has been great to have her with us and just have someone close. We spent last night in the ER(at the same hosp) with Halia because she fell at the hotel and hit her head on the side of the fireplace. The initial shock of it was upsetting and she cried, but we held her and bandaged it and she completely forgot about it, even in the waiting room. Then after two hrs of waiting they put some numbing cream on and put three stitches in. That was one of the hardest things as a mom to hold your baby who doesn't understand why she can't move and listen to her scream just because she was being held down. I think she was actually more afraid of just being held down than what was actually going on. She was a trooper though.
That's all the news for now, but I will update in the next day or two. Keep checking in on us and leave comments. Thanks to everyone who is praying for us and keeping us in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kara and Family, My heart goes out to you all. I will be praying for you all. Stay strong and keep that positive attitude you've always had!

Crystal

Jenny said...

Kara, it is Jenny Warden please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and let me know if you need anything!!! jwarden2448@gmail.com Give Halia a kiss and I hope her head feels better!!